trial for disorderly conduct coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

th1alb

the storry:
i was driving my brother to work, he works in an amusement-park.
the way to the point where people get droped of is purely gravel.
the speed limit is 10mph

i was going maybe 12 to 13 but definately lot faster, "i was driving completly normal". my muffler is broken and my car is a stick, therefore i got attention by several people.
when turning around in the drop-off spot (making a very sharp turn), i pushed on the brake. my rear brakes are really crappy and a rear-wheel locked up and i slid a little (about 1 to 2 feet).

the park-manager emediately started yelling at me, told me to get out of the car and stay right there.

although i told him that i need to go home he kept insisting on me to stay where i am.
he called the park-security who came and who then called the township police.

the manager acused me of doing donuts.
i tried to explain to the park-manager that i didnt do a donut, which resulted in him yelling even more at me that he saw me.

the police officer arived, the park-manager told him that i was flying through the park doing donuts.

the cop then writes me a disorderly conduct. the fee is already $107 without the fine which could be between 25-300 $

of course i pleaded not guilty.
now i got the letter of my trial date.

here is a picture of the citation:
citation.jpg

and here of the letter for the trial:
trial.jpg

please help me with this, what should i do next. how do i defend my self in court?

there have been 4 witnesses outside and 1 witness in my car (my brother).

any help is greatly apriciated, thank you!

It sounds like there is a big discrepancy between what you and your brother state versus the owner. Who are the witnesses and what relation are they to the park manager? I notice that of the four names, two have the same last name and I'd think husband wife or brother sister.

This entire matter seems to hinge on credibility and the witnesses may have bias on each side. Will the four people testify that you were speeding to the naked eye? Why would the park manager get so angry if you just made one sharp turn at, let's say, 15 MPH? Most wouldn't get so mad and insist the police show.

If only the officer shows up then this might prove problematic for the prosecutor since the officer cannot testify as to what happened unless he has some type of notes or supporting evidence. I would wonder whether there are any pictures that will be brought if they complain about the effect on the ground -- I don't see anything written on the complaint. If this is claimed I would say that if a witness (the park manager may show up) said that it was so pronounced then it should have appeared within the complaint/police report. Definitely bring your brother.

Originally posted by th1alb
the storry:
i was driving my brother to work, he works in an amusement-park.
the way to the point where people get droped of is purely gravel.
the speed limit is 10mph

i was going maybe 12 to 13 but definately lot faster, "i was driving completly normal". my muffler is broken and my car is a stick, therefore i got attention by several people.
when turning around in the drop-off spot (making a very sharp turn), i pushed on the brake. my rear brakes are really crappy and a rear-wheel locked up and i slid a little (about 1 to 2 feet).

the park-manager emediately started yelling at me, told me to get out of the car and stay right there.

although i told him that i need to go home he kept insisting on me to stay where i am.
he called the park-security who came and who then called the township police.

the manager acused me of doing donuts.
i tried to explain to the park-manager that i didnt do a donut, which resulted in him yelling even more at me that he saw me.

the police officer arived, the park-manager told him that i was flying through the park doing donuts.

the cop then writes me a disorderly conduct. the fee is already $107 without the fine which could be between 25-300 $

of course i pleaded not guilty.
now i got the letter of my trial date.

here is a picture of the citation:
citation.jpg

and here of the letter for the trial:
trial.jpg

please help me with this, what should i do next. how do i defend my self in court?

there have been 4 witnesses outside and 1 witness in my car (my brother).

any help is greatly apriciated, thank you!

thats why my social security number is blended out in the citation. the adress it self, who cares, open a phonebook and u have thousands of adresses.

to the topic. the park-manager got so angry cause he hates me. i worked there prior to the incident and got fired maybe a month prior to the incident. one of the causes was simular.

it was me soposoly driving at a high rate of speed in the park which is bull.

when they fired me they made a report that also stated that, wereas i did not agree to it and therefore did not sign it.

________

if i understand everything right, my only chance of winning this case is if the 4 witnesses dont show up.
then it would be me and my brother against the park-managers word.

if the witnesses show up though, is there still a way i could win this case?

this could be up to $400 if i loose
:(

What if someone tells your ex boss about the posts you have left (at multiple sites), he prints them along with your on-line ticket and court document and brings them with him to court?

Last edited:
[Quote:
Based on the attitude you have, now that I know where and when to go, I may show up myself and testify against you...
]

omg, man you dont know anything about my attitute. why is it that people like you allways look for a "fight".

you expect me to get all angry about your post and go nuts on a reply. i did get angry (for about 5 seconds), its not even worth it.

you are the one giving an attitute, i was beeing serious about it. my social security number was taken out in the very beginning. that should show you that i did think about that and that i had the citation-picture in an editing process.

i did not take my name etc. out because nobody cares man.

that you said you will show up to court is just plain pathetic. whats the point in your post? did you see me doing circles? have you ever been at that park?

if you are willing to come in that area, why dont you stop at my house? you already conquered my address anyways.
will talk about this in person, maybe ill be able to understand what you are trying to tell me. will play a game of chess or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back