Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Trespassing Misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiEeImAnGiE

I was arrested and put in jail for trespassing with some friends. They were skating a backyard pool and I was just sitting there not doing anything. The police came and sat us all down and arrested us. Now on our tickets it says we are charged with trespassing and refusing to leave though we were never asked to leave. I'm worried about this because I've never gotten in trouble with the law before. I go to college, work, and have a clean record. I've never been charged with anything before so I was wondering what the consequences would be for this? Especially since I've never had anything on my record, would that affect the verdict on me? And would we be seen one by one or all together and get sentenced together?

Each person would have his or her case separately. Some might plead guilty some might fight the charge. You need to talk to a lawyer ASAP. Don't try to just pay the ticket without seeing if you can fight it. The penalty for such is usually a fine or probation or class………..depending on your state. There is no jail time for such in most states especially for first time offenders. You can fight any false claim about leaving via your lawyer. So get advice from your lawyer or court appointed lawyer so you can see what you can do to dismiss the charge and keep a clean record. Such records can affect your future employments until fully expunged. So try fighting with your lawyer before accepting a deal if it turns out to be your best option.

Can misdemeanors be expunged? And if so how long would it take? And how much does the fines range to usually? Thank you very much.

Most misdemeanors can be expunged. Those which cannot be expunged can be sealed. Each state has different laws as to what can be expunged or not........or what can be sealed. In most states, trespassing can be. Just Google expunction statutes in your state and list of what is expungeable..... In some cases, you might have to wait for a couple of years if you are found guilty. But if found innocent, you can expunge immediately. In What state are you? I could try finding the fine for you.

I would copy and past some part of California's law...........
MISDEMEANOR EXPUNGEMENTS
If you have been convicted of a misdemeanor, that conviction is going to remain on your record forever. It is not something that magically falls off of your record after a certain number of years. However, with the help of WILL & WILL, LLP, there is something you can do about cleaning up your criminal record. Pursuant to California Penal Code section 1203.4, a misdemeanor conviction can be expunged once you have successfully complete all the terms of your probation. If you pled guilty or no contest to an offense but were granted a terminal disposition (i.e., were not placed on probation), your conviction can be expunged one year after the date you pled guilty or no contest. Although successful completion of probation is a requirement, the law provides courts the discretion to expunge convictions where probation was violated, but later completed successfully.

Once your criminal conviction has been expunged, you can legally answer "no" to direct questions of whether you were convicted of that crime. There are 3 exceptions to this general rule: 1) in an application for peace officer or public office, 2) in an application for a state license, or 3) contracting with the California Lottery Commission. In all other cases, you can deny the conviction. Furthermore, certain licensing agencies like the Department of Real Estate require that you expunge your record as a criteria for licensing.

Let me know if you have more question...........The above hopefully explains everything.......Yes you can expunge it from what I researched........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back