Other Green Card Issue Travel Permit

M

malaba

I wanted to ask that can any applicant apply for the travel permit incase of delayed and pending green card application. Would it affect the green card process. Once travel permit is issued incase of travel outside the US does it stop the applicant from re-entering the US.

I wanted to ask that can any applicant apply for the travel permit incase of delayed and pending green card application. Would it affect the green card process. Once travel permit is issued incase of travel outside the US does it stop the applicant from re-entering the US.

You should ask your questions of the nearest US EMBASSY or Consulate, or of www.uscis.gov

Are you aware of the "parole" requirements set forth by the USCIS regarding foreign travel? You may want to contact USCIS regarding the advanced parole requirements.

Advance parole is most commonly used when someone has Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, pending. If you depart the U.S. while your I-485 application is pending without first obtaining advance parole, your case will be denied unless you fit into a narrow exception for those maintaining certain nonimmigrant statuses.

Back