Transportation of Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top1984

here is my problem it all starts when me and my ex broke up a joint custody agreement was signed and in the agreement it stated she was to meet me half way in the transportation of my of my child. well about three months later an argument between me and her about claiming the child on taxes resulted in a civil restraining order. I then was ordered to do three months of supervised visits which I did and they suggested that I have my visitation restored. partial visitation was restored to every weekend 10 am to 4 pm and that I provide 100% of the transportation of the child which is about 100 miles of driving. at the time it was ok because I had a working vehicle but almost a year into this order I started having major problems with my vehicle and I had to start taking the bus and train to go where I needed to be. so I filed a motion for modification of transportation of the child so she'd have to meet me at least half way because with the bus and train schedules being light on the weekend and the time of transit and layovers I wouldn't get where I needed to be to pick up the child in time and the burden it put on me. so for about a month of waiting to be seen in court I couldn't see my child at all. well on court day the judge further reduced my visitation time to 10 am to 6 pm every other weekend and granted no relief in the transportation issue even after I argued it was impossible for me to make it their in time and the judge stated "not my problem" now my question is, is there anything I can do such as appeal or request another judge or file a complaint because this judge made it impossible for me to see my own child

an argument between me and her about claiming the child on taxes resulted in a civil restraining order

Please explain the events that caused a Judge to issue a CRO due to a argument.

is there anything I can do such as appeal or request another judge

You would have to PROVE that a mistake of law was made.

well the argument started because before hand she agreed to let me claim the child this year because I agreed to let her claim him the previous year but she went and claimed him after she agreed but anyways the civil restraining order was put in place because I sent some not so nice text messages and it was considered "harassment"

well the argument started because before hand she agreed to let me claim the child this year because I agreed to let her claim him the previous year but she went and claimed him after she agreed but anyways the civil restraining order was put in place because I sent some not so nice text messages and it was considered "harassment"

There was no mistake in law. You don't have standing for an appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back