Traffic ticket

Meeka

Jurisdiction
Georgia
What can you do if someone was driving your car and got a violation from a traffic light i was not nor have i ever been in the state of happened i have the pictures captured but it shows no face

The camera is going to get the license plate & you will get the ticket/violation. You can try to fight it or see what a traffic law attorney can do for you.

What can you do if someone was driving your car and got a violation from a traffic light i was not nor have i ever been in the state of happened i have the pictures captured but it shows no face

In cases similar to this, you can write a letter to the court or prosecutor.
You say something like this: "I received a citation issued by a redlight camera for running a traffic light in Redlighttown, BigBlueState. The citation is number: 123456XXX, issued on July 1st, 2016. I was not in your city and state on that date. I loaned my car to Bubba Bullfeces, DOB: 01/01/1980. Bubba is licensed in my state GA, and lives on 567 Redlight Lane, Traffic Ticket, GA. Please tell me how I can clear this matter up, so that this incident gets removed from my record, and you charge Bubba."

Or, call the court and ask the clerk how such matters are corrected.

Suggestion:

Plead not guilty. Go to court. Prove you were out of state at the time. You may have to identify the driver to get out from under this.

I don't know the law in Georgia and how to approach it depends upon the jurisdiction. New York places responsibility on the vehicle's owner. I've heard that California has snitch defenses although I haven't personally seen one (so that if you identify the driver, such as your friend, they will dismiss the ticket.) If the photo makes it difficult to determine the driver by face, perhaps a judge may find that there is an assumption that the registered owner of the vehicle was driving. It's always interesting what can happen in municipal courts and sometimes very difficult to predict.

Back