traffic citations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson

I was recently pulled over and told that my license was suspened for traffic tickets that occurred three years ago in a city in which i am not a residence of.. the tickets are over two years three years old. Is there any way that I can get the tickets dismissed?

I was recently pulled over and told that my license was suspened for traffic tickets that occurred three years ago in a city in which i am not a residence of.. the tickets are over two years three years old. Is there any way that I can get the tickets dismissed?

You can defend the charges, but all that'll do is waste more of your time and money.
You try to negotiate a settlement, highly unlikely success rate.
You can pay them their tribute, and they'll slither away.
Or, hire a lawyer, and see if he or she has any magic.

Traffic tickets are another way to tax people.
Obey their law, avoid giving them more of your money.

Sorry, there's no way out from these greedy bums.

Your best bet might be just to pay the tickets though you can certainly talk to a lawyer.

You can defend the charges, but all that'll do is waste more of your time and money.
You try to negotiate a settlement, highly unlikely success rate.
You can pay them their tribute, and they'll slither away.
Or, hire a lawyer, and see if he or she has any magic.

Traffic tickets are another way to tax people.
Obey their law, avoid giving them more of your money.

Sorry, there's no way out from these greedy bums.

Or, maybe, the OP was driving like a fool, got cited, and chose not to pay the piper.

There are reasons for traffic safety laws, AJ. A firm finger wag doesn't usually get the point across.

Or, maybe, the OP was driving like a fool, got cited, and chose not to pay the piper.

There are reasons for traffic safety laws, AJ. A firm finger wag doesn't usually get the point across.

We disagree. History tells us the cowboys, and the pioneers did quite well on horses and in conestoga wagons settling and civilizing the west without Horse Troopers or speed traps.

That said, not all laws serve society well. Jim Crow, slavery, women being barred from voting and land ownership, our brief experiment with 18 year olds being allowed to buy alcohol, and our current folly with "medical" and "recreational" marijuana.

At any rate, we're all free to hold divergent beliefs. As a sitting jurist, I understand well the need for laws and governance, but I'm also able as a citizen to distinguish extensive, intrusive government intervention in the lives of its citizens. Unfortunately for me, I'm living during a time of contracting rights, not expanding. I believe former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee recently commented that at times people in North Korea have more rights than US citizens.

I've also learned that its useless for one adult to try and convince another adult to believe what you do.

We disagree. History tells us the cowboys, and the pioneers did quite well on horses and in conestoga wagons settling and civilizing the west without Horse Troopers or speed traps.
You can't be serious! :confused:

First off, you have no clue as to what the OP was cited for and the circumstances behind it. You ASSUME for reasons of your own that the reasons were frivolous, unwarranted, and by your inference, maybe even unlawful.

That said, not all laws serve society well. Jim Crow, slavery, women being barred from voting and land ownership, our brief experiment with 18 year olds being allowed to buy alcohol, and our current folly with "medical" and "recreational" marijuana.
Of course, we're not talking about any of those. Straw dog?

At any rate, we're all free to hold divergent beliefs. As a sitting jurist, I understand well the need for laws and governance, but I'm also able as a citizen to distinguish extensive, intrusive government intervention in the lives of its citizens.
Again, you presume much from a post with no information and from a fellow who admits to having priors, a suspended license, and not taking care of his obligations. Maybe your time on the bench kept you away from the actual results of bad driving ... you know, things like property damage, mangled bodies, mayhem, death ... red asphalt.

I rather like having order both in society and on the roadway - it keeps things a wee bit safer.

Unfortunately for me, I'm living during a time of contracting rights, not expanding. I believe former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee recently commented that at times people in North Korea have more rights than US citizens.
If he made such a comment, it was either (a) misinformed, or, (b) hyperbole to make a point.

I've also learned that its useless for one adult to try and convince another adult to believe what you do.
That doesn't mean that we should excuse ignorance or even disobedience for the law simply because someone somewhere at sometime has occasionally abused it.

You can't be serious! :confused:

First off, you have no clue as to what the OP was cited for and the circumstances behind it. You ASSUME for reasons of your own that the reasons were frivolous, unwarranted, and by your inference, maybe even unlawful.

Of course, we're not talking about any of those. Straw dog?

Again, you presume much from a post with no information and from a fellow who admits to having priors, a suspended license, and not taking care of his obligations. Maybe your time on the bench kept you away from the actual results of bad driving ... you know, things like property damage, mangled bodies, mayhem, death ... red asphalt.

I rather like having order both in society and on the roadway - it keeps things a wee bit safer.

If he made such a comment, it was either (a) misinformed, or, (b) hyperbole to make a point.

That doesn't mean that we should excuse ignorance or even disobedience for the law simply because someone somewhere at sometime has occasionally abused it.

Huckabee's comments:

http://theweek.com/article/index/25...e-north-korea-might-have-more-freedom-than-us

You assumed I supported the OP's idiocy or negligence.
I didn't.
I say obey the law, don't get arrested or cited.
If you do break the law, defend the issue, or fess up and pay.

I don't get caught up in these situations, and don't deserve a kewpie doll for NOT misbehaving.

That aside, I think government is too intrusive.

The police don't convict people. The police simply investigate, fit or arrest, and the district attorney decides to prosecute or dismiss.

The police aren't batting 100%, in what they do.

Rodney King is on recent reminder of lawbreakers bearing badges and abusing the public trust.

Judges, plumbers, teachers, carpenters, accountants, whatever you do, no matter where you live, no one but Jesus was or will ever be perfect.

But, I'm not seeking advice.

So, I'm done commenting on this.

Let's not HIJACK this poster's thread with our discussion.

Let's agree to disagree.

Thank you.

Last edited:
When a person posts in such a way as to imply that it is the LAW that is amiss and not the actions of a driver, I will ask for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back