Criminal Law Tourist with a warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

44Kat44

summer 2008 i had my drink spiked in a pub in Ohio and apparently i damaged someones car, i cannot remember any of this but i do remember waking up and the police were around me...i was in such a bad condition they couldn't make any sense out of me however, i got a pink slip (think is was a citation) for court proceedings.
i got a lawyer to try and sort this out however i couldn't afford the payments due to the economic downturn, so they withdrew from representing me. this was this time last year and i haven't heard anything since.
i was wondering if i travelled to usa on holiday again would i get past immigration/get arrested? and if how easy would this be to get settled? would another laywer take the case up and if it did get sorted would i be allowed back in to visit my friends in usa? I hold an irish passport. any help would be greatly appreciated...

These days, your name is probably on some kind of watch list.
You might not even get out of the country to travel to the USA.
Or, you could get arrested after you get on US soil.
As you said, there is an economic downturn.
Save your money, and don't risk losing your freedom by coming to the US.
Besides, you might get your drink spiked again!!!!!

yea but it is possible to get this sorted and go on vacation again in usa or is that
it done for life?

44Kat44 said:
yea but it is possible to get this sorted and go on vacation again in usa or is that
it done for life?
Yes, call or write the arresting agency and inquire as to the status of your case. Or, you could correspond directly with the city attorney that prosecuted the matter. There most probably is an additional charge of failure to appear. If you used a bail bondsman to arrange your release, there might also be a bail jumping charge. But, you're better off in Ireland. Or, spend your money at home, as you said, it's the economy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i was to repair connections with the Law firm that represented me and the case got sorted wouldyou envisage any problems getting back into the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back