Criminal Law Tourist in USA with Pending H1B Application but has Shoplifting Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

liangsweimu

Hi
It is embarrassing to tell that I've been given a misdemeanor ticket for shoplifting... I'm planning to plead guilty. With that Im not planning to get a lwayer since i dont have enough money and im only a tourist here. This is my first offense in USA, and also im waiting for the decision for my working visa application. what will happen to me? Will i be deported? What are the fines? What will happen to my working visa application? pls help.. i really need your advice.. thank you in adnvance

If it is a misdemeanor, more than likely ICE will not be told. They should be told, usually they aren't.

If ICE isn't informed, you pay a fine, generally your immigration process won't be affected.

But, when your employer discovers your deceit, you could be fired! If you're fired, you'll be asked to leave our country.

You may not havemoney for a lawyer, but if I were you, I'd get one pronto! You could also seek a deferred adjudication, meaning probation and staying out of trouble, the thing will go away!

Life is about choices.
Choosing not to retain a lawyer, is a poor choice for a person in your position!

But, stealing wasn't a wise choice, either, was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back