Tort (FRAUDE) case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_King

Hello, my name is Joe.

Back in 9/01/05 I was struck on my right sholder by a Backhoe I have had 3 surgeries and I do have an Attorney. The thing is that I was working for two companies owened by the same man and when I got hurt the INS.co documents and everything that was sent to me had the name of the company that I was not working for at the time of the accident.

Attorney tells me that I have not only the Wrokers comp. case but a tort case as well. I talked to my Attorney last night and he told me that we could resolve everyhting very soon if I only take the Workers comp. case and forget about the tort case, that they will change my rating to what I have to higher rating.

I am confused at all of what is going on. I would like to know if I can resolve the Workers Comp. case soon without forgetting about the tort case and procede with it even if I keep the rating that I now have and the amount of the settlement is lower.

When I first got hurt I was only getting paid for one wok place and not for the two of them, no INS. documents ever came up on the company I got hurt until about 4 months ago, I got paid for only one company for almost two years. I'm in Tenennessee and I hope that one of you can help me if you need more information please let me know. Thank you.

Joe......

It sounds like the you were offered something like a settlement of sorts. Ask your attorney to explain things to you in more detail so that you can make an informed decision. Ask him what are the advantages of dropping the tort case for a higher worker's comp rating. Then, ask him what would be the disadvantages of taking lower worker's comp rating and continuing with the tort. It may be the cost of paying the lawyer and continuing the case isn't worth it to him or you in the long run financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back