To do or NOT to do is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4life

My husband has a daughter 9 years old, and the childs whole life his had little to do with her due to the childs grandmother who has custody of her, about 5 years ago he got behind on child support about 1500.00 dollars as of today has been working steady for the last 4 years and all his taxes are givin to childsupport along with weekly deductions. Well to make a long story short child support has froze his account with the bank that both him and i use for direct deposit. No problem but now the idea floats why don't i just sign my rights over i don't see her I'm not fighting over her she has a stable life and that life is all she knows i'll just sign my rights over ad she want be bothered with court or anything else. Now yes the childs mother and grandmother a very wealthy through inhertanice they have recieved and are or have directly said when you fight for your rights you'll lose we have money ok not a threat to us but why in the world would my husband need to put his daughter through all of that or should he fight for his right please help

He cannot sign his rights away. Why does the grandmother have custody and not the mother? Has he ever tried to enforce visitation or modify the custody agreement? AND why would his accounts be frozen if they are already garnishing his wages? Something doesn't add up here, you must have left out some information in your post. Are you sure it is 1500.00? He should have been able to pay that off in the last four years.

Also, think about the poor daughter. She will go her whole life thinking daddy doesn't love or want her. Even if the fight is painful for your husband he can at least look his daughter in the eyes and tell her he tried.

Well the grandmother has the child due to the mother bing on drugs and just not wanting her at the ime she now has another child and another man and keeps my husbands child with her. The taxes issue is that they just took it out this last year not sure why they did not take it before. he secound thing is were not sure why the has frooze the accounts and still take it out of his check. His child knows who he is but her mother says that daddy is her second childs father, going through the court system as were finding out now is hell the childs family works in the child support division and some other members worrk in the court system so they put theier 2 cents in with out choice he don't want to sign his rights but can't fight them in court it will get nasty that's just the way they are and again feels that his daughter has 1 life that she knows and does not wont to take her from that and be so confused thanks for replying so fast and so honest it's exactly what were looking for

sry about all the errors just relized how bad it was but he's 1790.00 in arrears and got certified papers about the lien on the account

Wow that is tough. Another person posted some really great information about signing over of the rights and when it is even possible. Would the mothers new husband want to adopt your husbands child?

And they put a lein on his account...that is interesting. My child's father is almost $4,000 in the arrears and so far no leins...you mention her family works for enforcement....I wish my local agency would go that far to get my back support.

thanks for the feed back and i would love to get a hold of the post about your rights to read if you could send me in the right direction that would be great. And not sure the new boyfriend wants to adopts and yes thier is a lien on the account that is holding my moey as well as evey paycheck my husband gets but the key thing is we have to live to and the agency is already taking it out of his payroll check weekly and the they get his check so far the have taken last week's paycheck my hucbands being 200.00 and my payroll check of 456.78 so not sure what we suppose to do now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back