To cancel or ammend injunction

BElisala

Jurisdiction
Florida
I currently have an injunction in place against Chris, my ex-fiance who is also the father to my 11 month old son. I've had it for about 2 weeks. I currently work for my-ex's father, Steve. Chris is allowed supervised visitation with his father or step-mother present. Since Chris is not allowed within 500 feet of me, Steve has met me halfway once, the rest of the transportation has been done by me. It's a 45 minute drive one way between our houses. I don't feel that I should be doing all the transportation if Chris is the one who threatened me and posted our private x-rated videos online. Chris basically just had to act like an extreme a-hole to get his way and have everyone do the work for him. Should I have the injunction ammended so he can atleast do 50% of the transportation for his visitation (ie. Chris picks our son up from daycare or we meet halfway) or should I cancel the injunction. Please advice.

If the injunction was necessary two weeks ago, it would be foolish to attempt to remove it today.

If inconvenience trumps your personal safety, you're free to attempt having the injunction withdrawn.

I hope for your benefit (and your child's) that you never engage in videotaping any sexual activities.

While you're considering your choices, do you want a pervert, abuser, intimidator near your home?

Should I have the injunction ammended so he can atleast do 50% of the transportation for his visitation (ie. Chris picks our son up from daycare or we meet halfway) or should I cancel the injunction.

An injunction is a court order that requires a person to do or refrain from doing something. It is not within your power to "cancel the injunction." Only the court can do that, and all you can do is ask. A family law visitation order is not strictly an injunction, and it seems like you have both an injunction and a visitation order.

Aside from telling us that the father "threatened" you in some way, it's not really clear why the injunction/stay-away order was entered. That he posted videos of you doesn't justify a stay-away order. If, after only two weeks, you believe the stay-away order is no longer needed, you're free to ask the court to terminate the order. Likewise, if you want to change the terms of the visitation order, you're free to ask. However, it sounds like that has only been in place for a rather short time, so I doubt the court would be willing to entertain a modification so soon. What you should or should not do is not for anonymous strangers in the internet to determine.

While you're considering your choices, do you want a pervert, abuser, intimidator near your home?

In the absence of any indication that the x-rated videos were made surreptitiously by the father, it seems that the OP is as much of a "pervert" as he is. As for the rest, this is whom she chose to have a child with, so that choice has already been made.

In the absence of any indication that the x-rated videos were made surreptitiously by the father, it seems that the OP is as much of a "pervert" as he is. As for the rest, this is whom she chose to have a child with, so that choice has already been made

It has been my experience that most women who submit to these racy videos are intimidated by a dominant male or female partner that tends to demean, humiliate, intimidate, and objectify a sexual partner.

Yes, men can also be subject to such abuse, but MOST victims are females.

How in the hell do I know?

I know because I have prosecuted these creeps, and adjudicated these sordid matters as a jurist.

It has also been my observation that both parties don't willing participants in this risqué, bizarre, exhibitionist, shameful behavior.

That said, you are FREE to use your intelligence to believe that which you wish.

Don't F*****G preach to me about MY F*****G opinions, because I don't criticize yours.

If, however, that is a game you wish to play, play it with some other mope.

You remain FREE to exercise your right to comment, just leave me the F$$K alone.

It's not my idea to terminate the injunction. Steve, my boss who is also my son's paternal grandfather, has asked me to terminate it so he doesn't have to meet me anywhere to exchange my son, which has only happened once. I'm feeling pressured to do it.

I have no problem with picking my son up from his father and grandfather's home, but I don't believe it's my responsibility to transport my son to his father, Chris. I believe it's Chris's responsibility to figure out how he'll get our to his own home. I done the teansportation both ways so far just to be nice. But I won't forever. It does not state in the injunction that it's my responsibility.

DCF had a safety plan in place at the time of my filing the injunction. Chris took our son to Virginia and ended up fleeing his friend's house with our son, but without a carseat. He told police the that he was being shot at but there were no bullet holes in his car, he wasn't shot, and neither was our son. Three drugs were found in his system though, marijuana, cocaine, and meth. That's why Chris was only allowed supervised visitation.

It's not my idea to terminate the injunction. Steve, my boss who is also my son's paternal grandfather, has asked me to terminate it so he doesn't have to meet me anywhere to exchange my son, which has only happened once. I'm feeling pressured to do it.

I have no problem with picking my son up from his father and grandfather's home, but I don't believe it's my responsibility to transport my son to his father, Chris. I believe it's Chris's responsibility to figure out how he'll get our to his own home. I done the teansportation both ways so far just to be nice. But I won't forever. It does not state in the injunction that it's my responsibility.

DCF had a safety plan in place at the time of my filing the injunction. Chris took our son to Virginia and ended up fleeing his friend's house with our son, but without a carseat. He told police the that he was being shot at but there were no bullet holes in his car, he wasn't shot, and neither was our son. Three drugs were found in his system though, marijuana, cocaine, and meth. That's why Chris was only allowed supervised visitation.

You have your ideas about why the order was necessary.

If you want the order changed you go back to court and tell it to the judge who issued the order at your request.

I have no other comments, other than you should endeavor to choose wisely.

Back