Business Contracts Title desperate and in need of some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I've been renting a back house for two years now. It's a one bedroom one bath .for $650 mo. Utilities included. But three months ago ,one day all the utilities got shut off . Without any notice . Including our water. then we find out that our landlord signed his property over to another person, unknown. Because he was loosing his property . Even though he ,was still collecting our month to month rent . but still , all our utilities including water are still off . What can we do?

I've been renting a back house for two years now. It's a one bedroom one bath .for $650 mo. Utilities included. But three months ago ,one day all the utilities got shut off . Without any notice . Including our water. then we find out that our landlord signed his property over to another person, unknown. Because he was loosing his property . Even though he ,was still collecting our month to month rent . but still , all our utilities including water are still off . What can we do?

If you were his tenant, you are now the new owner's tenant.

I suggest you seek out the new owner and discuss your situation.

That said, the house you are renting might not be legal to rent.

You might want to check with your city or county code enforcer.

If the house isn't certified for human habitation, be prepared to move.

In some cases, you might be able to have the city or county go after the landlord to reimburse you.

In your case, with a deadbeat landlord out of the picture, your only recourse might be your new landlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back