Tired of Abusive Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinaguy

My wife's temper tantrums have gradually gotten more and more violent. In her bad fits she will hit me repeatedly and sometimes make a public spectacle of herself. It doesn't hurt, its just embarassing and not a good long term family situation. She tells me it is my fault, if I wouldn't make her so mad she wouldn't have to act like that. I am really getting tired of it. My question to the group is what would happen legally if I call her bluff on leaving or just ask her to move back to her parents?

What could she get from me in a settlement? We have owned a house for 10 months, I owned my truck and a rental property before we were married. My salary is roughly twice hers but she has a college degree and has the ability to make more. Most of the furniture in our house is hers, except for a few pieces my grandpa made. She threw away all of my stuff. We have no kids. What could she get from me in a settlement in North Carolina? Can she get at my 401k?

She has threatened to find a job and move back to Kentucky whether I decide to go or not. What if she does this? Is this abandonment? How would that effect a settlement? One of her frequent temper tantrums is that I am mean for making her live so far from her family.

I have asked her to see a doctor about her temper tantrums. So far she has refused but if I get her to go, would it effect a settlement if she is found to be bipolar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back