Ticket: Running a Red Light, Non-Guilty Plea

Status
Not open for further replies.

becklekd

I received my first-ever traffic ticket on February 3, 2010. I mailed in a plea of "Not Guilty" and after receiving a response back, mailed in an Application for Reduction of Charges. The original charge was for running a red light (3pts) and was reduced to ignoring a traffic control device (2pts). I did not agree with the reduction but instead of returning a response I went to my court appointment which was just a few days later. I went to court on April 20 and again made a plea of "Not Guilty" and am waiting for a letter in the mail.

I believe the officer misinterpreted the situation he ticketed me for. I was 1/8 mile away from home in a rural area at an intersection I cross multiple times per day. There is a road running parallel to the intersection so when you cross it (towards my house) the intersection is much deeper than a traditional intersection as it leads into a "T" intersection to branch off to the left or right. I was following the line of traffic and the truck in front of me going straight, decided to stop in the intersection as the light was changing and change directions. He eventually headed left and since I was in the intersection behind him I had to move so cars could go by. The officer wasn't facing the intersection, he was facing the crossover and so he probably assumed I ran the red light but if he had seen what had happened, I'm sure he would've either let it go, or went after the truck that was in front of me.

Do I have a chance of fighting this ticket? It has been almost three months since my ticket, I have never received a ticket before or had criminal charges, and I will be bringing photos of the intersection and officers point of view to my trial.

Town of Oneonta, Otsego County, NY 13820
Pulled over by a State Police Officer
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Just take traffic school.

Complete it, the ticket goes away.

Fight a citation, even with lawyers, people rarely deprive the government of their revenue scams.

Traffic school dispenses with the citation entirely!!!

"Just take traffic school.

Complete it, the ticket goes away."

When I go to my court, do I ask if they'll dismiss the ticket if I do traffic school? Or is that something the judge needs to suggest?

Thanks again for your help!

Negotiate it down as far as you can and pay the ticket. You have zero chance of winning.

"Just take traffic school.

Complete it, the ticket goes away."

When I go to my court, do I ask if they'll dismiss the ticket if I do traffic school? Or is that something the judge needs to suggest?

Thanks again for your help!

Traffic school is an option you can elect to dispose of the ticket.

Take at look at these websites.
They explain the process in California.

http://www.gototrafficschool.com/

http://www.onlinetraffic.com/California-online-traffic-school/how-it-works/

Here is our California online traffic school course process, from start to finish. It's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Register HERE for our Court approved California online traffic school course.
2. Begin reading our online traffic school course. The course is designed to fit into your schedule, so you may start and stop whenever you like and we automatically save your progress.
3. After graduation, we send your traffic school completion certificate to you or directly to your Court. Simply make sure you've paid all required court fees and that the court has received your traffic school completion certificate before your traffic school due date. It's that easy!

Our California online traffic school course is divided into five (5) chapters. Each chapter includes a short multiple-choice open-book quiz. Our California online traffic school course keeps track of your progress, and you can read as much or as little as you like before logging off. You can then resume the online traffic school course when your schedule permits. After you finish the online traffic school course reading and the multiple-choice open-book final exam, you will have passed the California online traffic school course - and you're done! You can retake the multiple-choice open-book final exam as many times as needed until you pass at no additional charge.

If for any reason you are not satisfied with our service before you graduate, we also offer a 100% money back guarantee with no questions asked.
Course Details

Our California online traffic school course is Court approved. It is the easiest and best way to attend traffic school in California. After enrollment, you choose your own username and password to gain immediate access to our California online traffic school course. Our California online traffic school program is simple to navigate, easy to read and understand, and perfect for Internet novices and experts alike.

Once you've read through the online traffic school course materials and answered the multiple-choice open-book quiz questions, you will then complete and submit a multiple-choice open-book final exam. You will know immediately if you have passed our California online traffic school course.

You will be able to retake the multiple-choice open-book final exam as many times as you need until you pass at no additional cost. Your tuition includes the entire California online traffic school program and your traffic school completion certificate. Depending on your Court requirements, your traffic school completion certificate will be sent to you for your signature or directly to the Court for you.

We created our California online traffic school program to be as convenient as possible for any schedule. It is designed as an alternative to a traffic school classroom program, while allowing you to participate in at your own pace. You have the option of finishing the entire online traffic school program in one sitting or, if you prefer, you may use your username and password as many times as you like and complete our California online traffic school course reading in increments of time, according to your own schedule. You may even print out the multiple-choice open-book quiz questions first and answer them in writing as you read through the traffic school curriculum. The goal is for you to thoroughly comprehend and absorb the traffic safety information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back