Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders threteaned

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerofim

My 18y/o, at a time, son was seeing a 19 y/o girlfriend, whose parents are religious Jews from Bucchara in Uzbekistan. They all live in NY, NY now. She visited my son in his college on several occasions during spring semester of 08, staying for several days at the time. In May, after my son's return home, her unknown to me parents bursted into my apartment, with the girl in tow, almost by force, screaming, cursing, and demanding my son marry their daughter, who lost virginity to him. I tried to talk and reason with them to no avail. Youngsters asked about their plans, denied any interest in marriage. Girl's parents living their daughter behind, left my apartment. As it was about 12:30 PM, I let her stay the night on the sofa in a living room, and in the morning my son left for work, and she left too, saying she is going to stay with her cousin. She was calling my son constantly all summer, text messaging and writing on My Space and Face Book as well. They did not see each other.
Now my son is back in college, for one day. He is scared. He is getting calls and instant messages. The girl plans to sue him for rape, and states "if I will not have you, nobody will". She has some older, over 40y/o male friend now, who also IMing my son and threatens him with physical harm. What legal, and other, approach should I/him use to protect him from legal and other (physical) harm?

Last edited:
He needs to notify the authorities about the threats and the constant harassing.

I was in a situation where I was threatened all the time. I WISH I went to the police.

It isn't used much, but one can sue for "Intentional infliction of emotional distress." Another thing to do, is call the FBI and see if what is happening qualifies for making "terrorist threats."

Your child, while of course keeping all the evidence he can possibly have, needs to immediately seek restraining orders.

. . . and just out of curiosity, are you sure they are Jews? I know there are many different sects of Judaism, but I haven't heard of this kind of behavior from any of them. Although, I do realise that even though Uzbekistan is mostly Muslim, there are some Jewish people there. I know people that did peace corps work in the area, and they all mentioned that if you have sex with one of the girls, the family will make you marry her or cause grievous harm. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back