Threatened to get car towed, had to pay 96$ on the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

grro6

Minneapolis, MN
Hello! I need an advise!
I parked my car on McDonald’s own parking lot in Minneapolis, MN and went to the grocery store next to the restaurant to get cash from ATM, 5-7 minutes later when I came back to the parking lot I saw a guy from the towing company putting a block on my tire. Apparently he was inside the restaurant looking for people like me not going to the restaurant straight from the car. He said that I need to pay a fee right away or my car will be towed and the charge will be much higher. I tried to explain him that I was going to go to McDonald’s but had to get cash first. I was very scare and I paid this 96$ fee and he let me go only after he received money. Of course I did not go to this restaurant after this.
My question is how can I complaint about this? Can I get my money back? The parking guy was rude and aggressive trying to make me pay this fee.
I felt really bad…..

thanks in advance, former McDonald's customer:mad:

The easiest way is to go to small claims court in the area. You may want to be prepared with your defense since it seems like this guy has done this before and perhaps he thinks he has good reason to believe your car should have been booted. 7 minutes can be considered a long time just to get cash and it seems as though they had sufficient time to boot your car. I'm not saying you aren't right but playing the part of the franchise owner.

If you want a less litigious route, you could always write to McDonald's headquarters and see what their customer service division thinks. They might not like the policy and may assist you.

Originally posted by grro6
Minneapolis, MN
Hello! I need an advise!
I parked my car on McDonald’s own parking lot in Minneapolis, MN and went to the grocery store next to the restaurant to get cash from ATM, 5-7 minutes later when I came back to the parking lot I saw a guy from the towing company putting a block on my tire. Apparently he was inside the restaurant looking for people like me not going to the restaurant straight from the car. He said that I need to pay a fee right away or my car will be towed and the charge will be much higher. I tried to explain him that I was going to go to McDonald’s but had to get cash first. I was very scare and I paid this 96$ fee and he let me go only after he received money. Of course I did not go to this restaurant after this.
My question is how can I complaint about this? Can I get my money back? The parking guy was rude and aggressive trying to make me pay this fee.
I felt really bad…..

thanks in advance, former McDonald's customer:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back