Threat Via Message on Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudog216

Clifnotes:

I run a forum, a person joined the site and began to advertise for the business they own. I told him he needed to become a paid vendor and then typical forum drama occurred

I received this message this morning

Talk about hating, this is the most gay, hating ass shit for a forum. So you block my avatar and sig and my user name from seeing other avatar and sig. What a pussy, can't wait to see your ass. Remember this is PA and your not hard to find. As of matter of fact i do think you work for creative tune. Small world out there specially for forum bloggers such as ur self try to act bad on. Watch ur self cuz u never know what may come of this you bitch ass pussy. By the way kick me off the forum completely. I'm not hard to find either since your so bad on the forums. Can't wait for the day we meet and trust me it will happen. All yeah and whatever happens, trust me, a dude like me has those top notch lawyer money, pussy. I guess this is what happens when you fuck with a person like me, you shouldn't came at me publicly. By the way this isn't on some kid shit either, man up pussy.

see you later....:afro:

now, all my associates are saying to contact someone and file a complaint. Who would I contact? Is it a federal thing or state? The threat occurred from person in the same state I reside in but our server for the site is out of the state.

Sorry to read the message. That's very harsh but people are bold and in your face virtually and quite different if they really were face to face.

With regard to the "threat" against whom would you be complaining? Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a threat of physical violence so filing, even if you had a name and address, might not do much good. Considering the language used, grammatical expertise and desire to advertise, something tells me that this person isn't a "big money" type who has money to throw around on lawyers for something they know they can't win.

My feeling? Don't bother dealing with this grandstanding unless you see repeat visits and harrassment from this anonymous poster. Not much can or will be done about it.

Well, you can always call your local police and make a report. Log the IP and make the report, and maybe they can do something about it. In my state this could be a misdemeanor, but likely would not result in the police trying to hunt him down. Your local agency and state laws may be different.

So, call the police and see what they have to say. Even if they will not take a report of the threat, archive it, log the IP and save any and all relevant communications.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back