This one could be big if not stopped now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvernix

My soon to be ex wife has diognosed with Bi-Polar about two years ago. I took her to the hospital because she tried to burn down the house while her child was in the house. She was taken her medicine well, but then stopped by saying "I feel better, I can handle this." HOWEVER, letter on in years, she starting this, constant screaming thing and got violent twice. Once, doing damage to herself, and one time to myself.... never seeing this before, I never acted. But after thinking about it, I want to know, in our up coming court battle, what can I do to get the child from there (note the child isn't mine).

Originally posted by Silvernix:
My soon to be ex wife has diognosed with Bi-Polar about two years ago. I took her to the hospital because she tried to burn down the house while her child was in the house. She was taken her medicine well, but then stopped by saying "I feel better, I can handle this." HOWEVER, letter on in years, she starting this, constant screaming thing and got violent twice. Once, doing damage to herself, and one time to myself.... never seeing this before, I never acted. But after thinking about it, I want to know, in our up coming court battle, what can I do to get the child from there (note the child isn't mine).
Many people with bipolar disorder stop taking their medicine from time to time. However, that alone doesn't mean that you'll be able to obtain custody of a child that isn't even yours. There is no question that the incident is damaging, but what has she done over the past two years since then? Has she stopped taking her medicine again? Has she shown herself to be a significant danger to the child? Additionally, it possible that the child's own blood relations might step in well and might try to obtain custody, e.g. father, grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back