They cancelled her life insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dltcolumbus

My father always had a small life ins. policy on my mother through GM where he worked for over 30 years. He retired in 3/87 and continued to pay the premiums from his pension plan for both of them. My father passed away 2/08 and my mother just recently noticed that they had stopped taking her life insurance premium out of her widow's pension. When she called to ask about this, Met Life told her policy was dropped because of the month my father retired in. This is only a 5000 policy which they paid 35.00/mo (her premium amount) on for many years. If she was not eligible for insurance after he retired, why were they allowed to take her premium every month for the last twenty some years. This is all the life ins. she has and I think it is terrible that the elderly can be treated this way. Does she have any recourse? Thanks you in advance for your time.

Are you saying that she didn't pay the premiums, it was canceled and now she wants it reinstated?

No, the premiums were taken out all along until just two months ago no premium taken, so she called them and they said they cancelled it due to the month my dad retired in in 1987. They took premiums out for well over 40 years! She always had the premiums directly deducted!

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you know that i am also looking into Met Life as both of my parents policies never paid out for unlikely reasons. I saw your post and couldn't help but wonder if it is a lousy company. Both of my parents died and left seven children. It's been 30 years but I still intend to fight them!...if possible :) Good Luck!

She needs to locate all proof of payments and demand all of this money back ASAP -- If it is possible go down there with her and talk to a manager-- or call them and start taking detailed notes on who, when and what you talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back