Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovendloyalty

Hello !
I am on felony probation in a different county as I live ! For a burglary charge !
I was recently questioned by cops in the county of where I live for cashing a money order that was not mine ! It was a friend of mines I told her if pay her back if she would just drop the charges so i would not go to jail ! She said she didn't press charges that the cops did ! I'm not sure if the cops can press these charges ? I'm pretty sure she is and doesn't want to drop them .
If I do not get the charges dropped how long am I looking to get in jail for a probation violation for a theft charge ?
Thank young for reading

It depends a lot upon the value of the money order.

Your friend does not have to seek prosecution... It was the bank that you committed fraud against.

Beyond the issue with the money rider, I see a probation revocation hearing in your future.
You could end up getting revoked, and sentenced to serve the original time related to your probation.
Plead not guilty, lawyer up, shut up, admit to nothing. You know how the game is played.
If you don't know the rules, don't play the game.

I already wrote a statement saying I did it ! I pray my probation does not get revoked ! If I already admitted what else could I do ?

What if the girl who's money order it was goes to the prosecutor and withdraws the complaint ? And doesn't want charges pressed ? I heard cops cannot press the charges of she doesn't want to

There is no what if. It appears the DA has sufficient evidence to prosecute you even if this woman is reluctant to cooperate. You need to talk to your Lawyer

I already wrote a statement saying I did it ! I pray my probation does not get revoked ! If I already admitted what else could I do ?

Oh my goodness. That was a very big mistake. Not as big as stealing the money order. That's where this odyssey began. Good luck.

You definitely need a lawyer & from now on talk only to him/her.

This is going to be difficult now. You shouldn't have done this. I can understand your nervousness and probably that is what made you to admit the crime. But now proceed cautiously, go to a criminal law firm first and talk to them. And do not discuss with anyone regarding this matter before you speak to the lawyer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back