The Neighbors from Hades

Status
Not open for further replies.

whmkrause

Don't mean to be long-winded but I want to tell the complete story. My family lives in a gated community outside of Houston, Texas. We have neighbors who live two doors down from us. They are without a doubt the neighbors from Hades. They have 5 kids and turn them out like a production line. Two of the boys are aged about 10 and 12. The father is a bully and he has taught his boys to be the same. It started with my complaining about their dog which they let run loose, and of course it relieves itself on everyone's property including mine. I got into a heated discussion during which this father threatened me, and from there it has gone downhill for the last 5 years. The boys have done damage to my front window, have thrown stones at my garage door, use obscene language against my wife and I, but only when they are far enough away to maintain their safety just as true cowards. The father drives around the neighborhood and when he sees me he will drive over just to give me a belligerent look. The boys have called me names with the father standing outside so he approves of their disrespect of me. This family does not abide by the by-laws and they have been told by the property management. The cops have been to these people's home a few times in the last 3 years. The cops have told me to ignore them. I find that difficult when all I hear is obscenities yelled at me from their yard or if they are a safe distance away from me. Since the parents teach them no discipline, and have no desire to do so, the school has problems with them, and they are now being home-schooled. The father is a nut, he has already become confrontational and threatening to some other people. I try to mind my own business and my family makes no trouble for anyone. My concern is that this will escalate and at some point violence will likely flare up over an incident. The police say my only recourse is if he trespasses on my property in order to threaten or do harm to me and my family. Then I can act and protect my property and family. In the meantime, I have to put up with the obscenities shouted at me. What recousre to I have? I have small grandchildren living with us, and I don't want them to have to hear the obscenities. So what recourse do I have in order for them to cease with the obscenities, and the threatening behavior of both the boys and their father. I would like to continue my law-abiding ways but find it hard to have to put up with the abuse. Any advice is appreciated.

Willi

Don't mean to be long-winded but I want to tell the complete story. My family lives in a gated community outside of Houston, Texas. We have neighbors who live two doors down from us. They are without a doubt the neighbors from Hades. They have 5 kids and turn them out like a production line. Two of the boys are aged about 10 and 12. The father is a bully and he has taught his boys to be the same. It started with my complaining about their dog which they let run loose, and of course it relieves itself on everyone's property including mine. I got into a heated discussion during which this father threatened me, and from there it has gone downhill for the last 5 years. The boys have done damage to my front window, have thrown stones at my garage door, use obscene language against my wife and I, but only when they are far enough away to maintain their safety just as true cowards. The father drives around the neighborhood and when he sees me he will drive over just to give me a belligerent look. The boys have called me names with the father standing outside so he approves of their disrespect of me. This family does not abide by the by-laws and they have been told by the property management. The cops have been to these people's home a few times in the last 3 years. The cops have told me to ignore them. I find that difficult when all I hear is obscenities yelled at me from their yard or if they are a safe distance away from me. Since the parents teach them no discipline, and have no desire to do so, the school has problems with them, and they are now being home-schooled. The father is a nut, he has already become confrontational and threatening to some other people. I try to mind my own business and my family makes no trouble for anyone. My concern is that this will escalate and at some point violence will likely flare up over an incident. The police say my only recourse is if he trespasses on my property in order to threaten or do harm to me and my family. Then I can act and protect my property and family. In the meantime, I have to put up with the obscenities shouted at me. What recousre to I have? I have small grandchildren living with us, and I don't want them to have to hear the obscenities. So what recourse do I have in order for them to cease with the obscenities, and the threatening behavior of both the boys and their father. I would like to continue my law-abiding ways but find it hard to have to put up with the abuse. Any advice is appreciated.

Willi

The police are accustomed to dealing with these types of situations, Willi.
Be smart, do as the police suggested, IGNORE them.
Tell yourself each and every time you IGNORE them, that you enjoy living among the majority of us in the FREE, not the WALLED (prison) world.
The worst case scenario ends with HIM killing you (or your grands), or you killing him (or his obnoxious little bullies).
You're better than that, so walk away and ignore them.
Enjoy the fruits of your labors and stay a FREE person in the land with the rest of us.

If they damage property, file a police report. If they are just being obnoxious, ignore them. Bullies give up if they can't get a rise out of you. If they are treating all others in the neighborhood this way, talk to your HOA/property manager. It would be most effective to have multiple neighbors go together so they understand the scope of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back