The Judge was fooled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohajohn

My daughter gave custody of my granddaughter to my sister. While my granddaughter was in my sisters care my grand daughter was hospitalized. My daughter wanted custody of my granddaughter and my sister gave her back. Months later they appeared in front of a judge who ordered my daughter to pay for the hospital care. My sister told me my granddaughter was covered by a health care provider and the bbill she showed the judge was sent to her but the health care provider paid the bill. My sister lied and is collecting money for the hospital bill she never paid. The hospital billing dept. wont release any info to my daughter because she wasn't the legal guardian at the time the bill was made. I love my sister and daughter both but fair is fair and i don't want my daughter and grandchildren to have to suffer. What steps should my daughter take to resolve this issue?

So the bill has never been paid, but your daughter is paying your sister?

Is that correct?

Or was it paid by insurance/other?

If the child was covered by insurance provided by the child's great-aunt, then the great-aunt has a contractual obligation to reimburse the insurance company with any money she receives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back