The fraternal order of some CA attorneys and their judges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

Some prosecuting attorneys in CA have been known to play golf with judges who were on their case. Gee, I wonder which way those cases will go...

And,

"... where a couple of judges assigned to his cases had either recused themselves or were under investigation by the judiciary and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

and

"... two judges were indicted for taking gifts from an attorney, in return for favorable treatment."

- http://m.rediff.com/us/2000/mar/09us.htm

The best barrel of apples is susceptible to a few rotten ones. There are rogue cops, accountants, plumbers, pastors, teachers, electricians, and even online posters.

That said, don't paint all with the broad brush of suspicion. The world isn't fair, and justice isn't blind.

The best advice I ever received in my entire life came from my dad, who said, "Son, always stay on the right side of the law, and you'll never to feel the sting from the wrong side."

The second best piece of advice I received was from granddaddy. He said, "Boy, it don't take no Harvard Lawyer to teach you to stay outta trouble."

Father was a genius, grandaddy was too, but they were men of the highest character. They were also simple men, but possessed of highly calibrated, "true north" moral compasses. They just don't make them that way anymore.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Note that all the judges concerned were from the same county/region, so I have my doubts that these are isolated incidents of misconduct by attorneys and judges (at least, in that region); it sounds more like the tip of the iceberg.
Cases like this involving attorneys and judges should be classified as Racketeering:
http://dictionary.thelaw.com/rico/
But no one in the Legal profession is going to want to do that for obvious reasons.

It should also be noted that Chopra had the financial resources to hire his own investigators to investigate those attorneys and judges, and manage to exonerate himself. Almost all of us don't have that kind of financial resources, and we simply succumb to unjust decisions from the court.
It is also often said that in California, one can get as much "justice" as one can afford (financially).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back