Other Criminal Charges & Offenses THC Possession and Underage Drinking

Atari82

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

So I traveled to a small town in northern Wisconsin from Milwaukee and was pulled over with a friend in my vehicle for a headlight that was off.

Once they got to me they asked me for my license and what I was doing up here, I answered their questions until another cop noticed the car smelt a bit off, then he spotted EMPTY bottles of liquor (one mine, one a friends). He also spotted two pipes with no marijuana in it just resin.

They handcuffed me and put me in the back of their squad car and also made me do field tests and a breathalyzer test (which came up to .04).

Overall I was cited with:

-Possession of THC
-Underage Drinking/Poss (17-20 YOA) 1st Off.
-Underage Person Transport Intoxicants In MV
-Possess Drug Paraphernalia

They then let me go on my way

Overall all the charges came up to near $950

My question is since I did not really have any marijuana in the car (just paraphernalia) and since the bottles of alcohol were EMPTY would it be a good idea to dispute the citations (or at least some of them). How will these charges affect my drivers lisence and other records?

In other words, whats the best course of action to take from here? anyway I can reduce the citations? should i go to municipal court?

What should I do since Im only a college student thats pretty poor.

Thank you.

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

So I traveled to a small town in northern Wisconsin from Milwaukee and was pulled over with a friend in my vehicle for a headlight that was off.

Once they got to me they asked me for my license and what I was doing up here, I answered their questions until another cop noticed the car smelt a bit off, then he spotted EMPTY bottles of liquor (one mine, one a friends). He also spotted two pipes with no marijuana in it just resin.

They handcuffed me and put me in the back of their squad car and also made me do field tests and a breathalyzer test (which came up to .04).

Overall I was cited with:

-Possession of THC
-Underage Drinking/Poss (17-20 YOA) 1st Off.
-Underage Person Transport Intoxicants In MV
-Possess Drug Paraphernalia

They then let me go on my way

Overall all the charges came up to near $950

My question is since I did not really have any marijuana in the car (just paraphernalia) and since the bottles of alcohol were EMPTY would it be a good idea to dispute the citations (or at least some of them). How will these charges affect my drivers lisence and other records?

In other words, whats the best course of action to take from here? anyway I can reduce the citations? should i go to municipal court?

What should I do since Im only a college student thats pretty poor.

Thank you.

Your life will be quite disturbed for five or ten years, if not ruined, by those charges.

You appear when and where directed, plead not guilty, ask the court if you qualify for a public defender. Whatever you do, don't do what you did here and try to explain.

If you babbled like a brook, and that sewage spewed out, kiss a few months, maybe years of your life goodbye.

A drug or drug related conviction can cause you to lose any federal financial aid you are receiving.

That's why you might want to get yourself into a "program", and stop breaking THEIR laws!!!

Dude, if your finances are weak, why waste good money on demon rum and devil weed?
No need to answer, just a rhetorical question for YOU to ponder.

I also urge you to discuss this mess with your parents, guardians, or trusted family and maybe a select friend or two.

Back