Texas Governor Isn't Cognitively Impaired!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
Gov. Greg Abbott released yet another executive order on Thursday clarifying the state government's stance on the mandating of masks and COVID-19 vaccines.

"Today's executive order will provide clarity and uniformity in the Lone Star State's continued fight against COVID-19," said Gov. Abbott. "The new Executive Order emphasizes that the path forward relies on personal responsibility rather than government mandates. Texans have mastered the safe practices that help to prevent and avoid the spread of COVID-19. They have the individual right and responsibility to decide for themselves and their children whether they will wear masks, open their businesses, and engage in leisure activities. Vaccines, which remain in abundant supply, are the most effective defense against the virus, and they will always remain voluntary – never forced – in the State of Texas."

Abbott says Executive Order GA-38 combines several existing COVID-19 executive orders to promote statewide uniformity and certainty in the state's COVID-19 response.

The order restricts any state or local agency and any public or private entity that is receiving or will receive public funds through any means from mandating masks or requiring proof of vaccination.

According to the order, imposing any conflicting or inconsistent limitation by a local governmental entity or official, aka a "failure to comply with" this executive order, is subject to a fine of up to $1,000.

The Order suspends any other limitations or mandates by local governments in Texas and works to ensure that "vaccines continue to be voluntary for all Texans and that Texans' private COVID-19-related health information continues to enjoy protection against compelled disclosure."

The Order also mandates that all hospitals licensed under the Texas Health and Safety Code and all Texas state-run hospitals submit daily reports of hospital bed capacity to the Department of State Health Services (DSHS). Every public or private entity that administers a COVID-19 test is also mandated to report the results to the DSHS, regardless of if the result is positive or negative.

This comes as several Texas counties are recording rising rates of coronavirus. In Travis County, DSHS data shows that Austin-area ICU capacity has reached 1.8%, its lowest point since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Texas Gov. Abbott issues executive order prohibiting cities from requiring masks, vaccines

Perhaps the governor isn't cognitively impaired, but based on that order I'd say he's not very bright. And Texans may pay the price for his stupidity, assuming that his executive order has the power he claims to override city law. Usually it is the legislature that must do that, not a governor by executive order.

With personal responsibility comes personal consquincies. This used to be very clear in this country. Not so much anymore with the nanny state.

With personal responsibility comes personal consquincies. This used to be very clear in this country. Not so much anymore with the nanny state.

If the consequences were only for the person choosing whether to get the vaccination I'd have no problem with it. But when the disease is a readily communicable disease, the choice not only is a decision about the health of the person taking the vaccine but also a choice that affects anyone that person comes in contact with. Your right not to get vaccinated should not put me and others at risk. That's the difference.

During the HIV/AIDS crisis, I recall the attitude/argument as being the EXACT opposite of what is being espoused today.

In fact, all one need do to better illustrate this juxtaposition is listen to what is said regarding abortion.

I take no position in this dispute, because my wife is on dialysis. She asked me early on to get jabbed. I did and moved on months ago.

If the consequences were only for the person choosing whether to get the vaccination I'd have no problem with it. But when the disease is a readily communicable disease, the choice not only is a decision about the health of the person taking the vaccine but also a choice that affects anyone that person comes in contact with. Your right not to get vaccinated should not put me and others at risk. That's the difference.

Wait. If the vax works how is it that an unvaccinated person is affecting anyone else other than those that also choose to not get the vax?

Last edited:
Wait. If the vax works how is it that an unvaccinated person is affecting anyone else other than those that also choose to get the vax?

You have honed in on the biggest flaw in the argument made by "Come on man, abuser of innocent, mythical people - AKA- Corn Pop" and his camp followers.

The vaccine works.
I'm vaccinated.
As Alfred E. Neuman often said, "What, me worry?"

Wait. If the vax works how is it that an unvaccinated person is affecting anyone else other than those that also choose to not get the vax?

Two points there. First, it matters that the unvaccinated put other unvaccinated persons at risk. There are, after all, a few for whom there is a legitimate medical reason for not being able to get the vaccine, and other unvaccinated persons put them (and all others) at more risk. Second, the vaccinations are not 100% effective against getting covid. The vaccines do two things. They significantly reduce the risk of getting it (but do not completely eliminate the risk) and those few who are vaccinated and still get covid are much less likely to die from it. So even though I'm vaccinated, there is still a small risk that I could be infected by some unvaccinated person and, while that may not kill me, it would still make me sick. Again, your right to not vaccinate should not put me and others at greater risk of illness. It is not just your health at stake.

Back