Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct terri

Status
Not open for further replies.

tscalise

Last Monday, March 31 my husband received a complaint from our township that a neighbor had a problem with our 2 ducks. We have had the ducks for 7 years and all of a sudden they became a problem for this couple. My husband that evening asked them about the complaint and they were rude and it got a little ugly. The next day my husband was at the perimeter of their yard looking for duck "dodo" and the lady of the house called the police and told them that Tony (my husband) was peering in her windows and the police said she was very shaken up. Tony was no where near the house. Four days later. our ducks were injured in their cage and we had to put them down. It was so upsetting. The vet wasn't sure of how they got the injuries so we went to the police and wanted to file a complaint and they said they would look into it but we heard nothing from them. Yesterday, my husband received a complaint of harassment filed by the neighbor and he now has to go to a magistrate hearing. Now comes the major issue. Today my daughter who is 16 was walking the dog and this neighbor almost drove into my daughter. She was walking back to the house when a vehicle went by her, came to a screeching halt, did a uturn and tried to run my daughter over. I think they were trying to scare her and it worked. My daughter believes it was the neighbors van. She has been crying all night visibly upset and very scared. We called the police and the officer was very "ho-hum" about it. I am going to keep calling the police but other than that I do not know what we can do. We do not want to move but i feel violated and not at peace in my own home.

Have you thought to put up video surveillance around the house?

As for the incident with your daughter, if she cannot identify the suspect or the suspect vehicle, there is really nothing the police CAN do. Suspecting the neighbor does not generally equate to charging the neighbor.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back