Termination of rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

My ex hasn't paid child support in over 20 months, had contact with the children in two years. How is the best way to go about terminating rights so that they can be adopted by their "Dad"? I'm sure he would do it willingly, just don't know how to go about it!

My ex hasn't paid child support in over 20 months, had contact with the children in two years. How is the best way to go about terminating rights so that they can be adopted by their "Dad"? I'm sure he would do it willingly, just don't know how to go about it!

Those kinds of adoptions are rare.
You can search this forum, and you'll see your question asked at least 500 times.
It's possible, but it rarely happens.
The state is reluctant to let him off the hook financially.
If it was an easy thing to do, millions of parents would simply abandon their children, like some people abandon kittens or puppies.

If you're still interested in pursuing this, talk to three or four attorneys near you.
You shouldn't even think about it, unless you're wealthy, retain an attorney, and have about 18-24 months to chase your tail.

Without a boring explanation, it's designed this way to discourage it from being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back