termination in texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasmommy

My name is Andrea. I have a little girl who just turned 2 in october. I was married to the bio father when we had her. When she was 3 months old bio father put her in the hospital and was taken to jail. He was let of with only 3rd degree felony probation and isnt allowed to see her until further notice by court decree. I got divorced and he is required to pay child support through the state as well as if she has any medical, daycare etc he is required to pay 50% of that as well but he doesnt. He is currently over 4000 behind. he has sent me a letter saying he gives up his rights, thinking that was all it takes to get past having to pay anything. I wouldnt mind having him terminate his rights since he is willing to do it voluntarily which makes it seem like it would make it easier to do. This man is obsessed with me, even after 2 years of seperation he sends me cards, gifts etc. He is crazy! I want nothing to do with him and I am worried the more time goes by that it will be easier for him to have visitation with my daughter through the courts. I dont trust him or his family. I believe that it could even be possible that his family could take Sierra, once he gets visitation back, and try to take her out of the country.

So heres my ???- Is there any way to legally cut ties with him. Terminate his rights? he is willing to do it so he doesnt pay anything so how do I go about it and how much $$ am I looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back