terminated for going to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank63

I had recently spoke to my immediate supervisor about wanting to go back to school. I had explained to him that if I did this it would require me to leave work early every day, and I would not be able to work on Saturdays. I told him that I wanted to be sure that this would not be a problem, and that I would not loose my job over this. He told me it was not a problem and that I would not loose my job,that they would work around it because there are other people in the company who are missing time from work to go to school. We spoke on the subject several times over the next 30 days,and he continued to assure me that my job was secure.About a week after our last conversation he gave me a letter of termination stateing that the reason for my termination was that I was going to start school and would be required to miss work and that this would not support the company mission, and it was necessary to release me in order for the company to hire my replacement. Was i wrongfully terminated?
Do i have any legal recourse?
At the time of my termination I had not yet registered for school,nor had I missed any work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back