teenagers age for sharing bedroom

J

Justice seeker

Jurisdiction
California
In Oakland Ca, can OHA decrease my 3 bedroom to a two bedroom Voucher? I have boy,16, girl, 15 who have always had their own room

In Oakland Ca, can OHA decrease my 3 bedroom to a two bedroom Voucher? I have boy,16, girl, 15 who have always had their own room

If OHA, the housing authority is downsizing you, I suppose its compliant with their policy.

There is no law in any US state that says children must sleep in separate bedrooms, or be segregated by gender.

Age of the child isn't a consideration, either.

Bottom line, its not illegal to do what the OHA proposes.

If you dislike the policy, I suggest you file a complaint as outlined in your lease.

You are also free to complain to your city council member, the mayor, the governor, and even the president.

You can leave when your lease expires and obtain living accommodations outside of the OHA.

People howl about the USA being a free country, so spread your wings and fly.

The two children in one room would not be illegal so probably OHA can unless it violates some type of agreement.

If the idea of the two teenagers sharing a room bothers you, you can always share with whichever child shares a gender with you and give the other child the second bedroom.

Back