teen pregnancy

C

cynthiairvine

Jurisdiction
California
my friend's teen son is bragging that His baby is in his teen girlfriends belly. His father wants to avoid being financially responsible for the girl and the baby. He believes the girl's parents did not supervise her properly when he visited and has provided supervision at his home whenever she was over. What are his rights and how does he secure them before this baby is born?

Seriously?

The son is as much a moron as the father.

They don't have rights, they have obligations.

At least the son does.

It's the girl and the baby that have the rights. The right to MONEY to support the child.

Eventually, the boy will be ordered by a court to pay child support and if he doesn't pay he could end up in jail for contempt of court.

my friend's teen son is bragging that His baby is in his teen girlfriends belly. His father wants to avoid being financially responsible for the girl and the baby. He believes the girl's parents did not supervise her properly when he visited and has provided supervision at his home whenever she was over. What are his rights and how does he secure them before this baby is born?

The father of the ALLEGED sperm donor has no obligation to support anyone's babies but the ones popped out by the sperm receptacles where he might deposit his semen.

That said, the unmarried juvenile make wont be declared the father unless he goes to court, requests a DNA test which might reveal him as the father. Until and unless that happens, the impregnated juvenile female is pretty much on her own, along with her family.

In our society, thank goodness, you're only financially responsible for kids you procreate.

He has no rights. Not now. Not until the baby is born AND he is legally established as the father. After that, he has the right to whatever visitation the court establishes for him and he has the right to pay whatever child support the court says he pays.

Oh, and by "He" I mean the teen father. The grandfather has no rights at all - now or ever.

Is this for real?

The teen male's father is not financially responsible for the fetus that girl is carrying nor will he be once it is born. The teen male is not financially responsible when that fetus is born either until he establishes his paternity. So if she never takes him to court or he never files to establish his paternity (IF he is even biologically the father) then he won't have to legally do anything nor will he get visitation.

I suggest that teenager wake the hell up and then get a DNA test when there is a baby and find out if it's even his. Then someone better smack some sense into him and make him realize what it means to be a parent.

It is not that teen girl's parents' fault she got pregnant. Parents can't watch their kids 24/7. Maybe they were at work...maybe she lied to them where she went who knows? Why do you care what happens to this teenager? He's not your son. Worry about your kid make sure he knows about safe sex and YOU don't end up being a grandparent in the near future. Let that kid's parents worry about him.

Oh you can't secure rights on a fetus either...nothing can be done until there's a baby born.

Seriously?

The son is as much a moron as the father.

They don't have rights, they have obligations.

At least the son does.

It's the girl and the baby that have the rights. The right to MONEY to support the child.

Eventually, the boy will be ordered by a court to pay child support and if he doesn't pay he could end up in jail for contempt of court.

Not everyone ends up in jail for not paying child support...generally the CP has to file contempt before it even happens. My ex is probably 13000 in arrears at this point or close to it. The only jail time he gets is because he's a criminal and a drug addict.

There's another useful life lesson here, too.
Those darn life lessons are everywhere.

BREEDING disguises itself as SEX.

If it were known for what often results (even when protection is used), BREEDING, I suspect fewer would participate in that 60 seconds of what some term pleasure. LOL

BREEDING, 60 seconds of ALLEGED pleasure, potentially resulting in a fetus (which could become a human life form), or some kind of DANGEROUS, SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.

This is SPECIAL math, because SIXTY SECONDS could lead turn into 18 years of financial obligations.

Back