Teen Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabbyCaparelli

Im wanting to know if a 16 year old can get her legal right to move out of her parents house and live with her boyfriend without parents permission. Meaning hes willing to give care for me and everything whitch aporved from a lawyer i can get my name care taken out of my parents care whitch my boyfriend will be repsonsible for that. I love this man more then you know and i cant deal with my parents with no relationship and they wont approve my boyfriend no matter what. They hate people alot so theres nothing i can do really. If so also im wanting to move to canada were hes at and get all my stuff when approved from law meaning birth certificate and clothes and stuff with me. If you cant help im willing to try every lawyer i can to be with him.

You do not have a prayer. Until you are 18 and not one minute younger than 18, you live where your parents say you live. Under no circumstances do you have the "legal right" to move out of the house unless your parents expressly say you may, and if they change their minds at any point before you turn 18, then back home you go.

Do not even bother arguing about this. No judge on God's green earth is going to give you permission to move out and move to Canada with a "boyfriend" your parents do not approve of, and no lawyer can make it happen either. If this "boyfriend" is as much older as I suspect he is, he will end up in jail, and I am talking about big-boy prison, the minute you cross a state line with him or to go to him.

Im wanting to know if a 16 year old can get her legal right to move out of her parents house and live with her boyfriend without parents permission. Meaning hes willing to give care for me and everything whitch aporved from a lawyer i can get my name care taken out of my parents care whitch my boyfriend will be repsonsible for that. I love this man more then you know and i cant deal with my parents with no relationship and they wont approve my boyfriend no matter what. They hate people alot so theres nothing i can do really. If so also im wanting to move to canada were hes at and get all my stuff when approved from law meaning birth certificate and clothes and stuff with me. If you cant help im willing to try every lawyer i can to be with him.

CBG gave great advice, and it's 10000% accurate and truthful.
The MAN you alluded to can find himself in BIG trouble.
If you LOVED HE, like you say, better chill.
If your parents get wind of your little plan, the MAN is going to find himself in a very hot kettle of fish.

This is going to sound harsh, but it needs to be addressed.

No court, anywhere, will emancipate a minor who is obviously not mature enough to make such big decisions.
No court, anywhere, will emancipate a minor so that she can go and live with her boyfriend
No court, anywhere, will emancipate a minor who doesn't want accept the legal reality
No court, anywhere, will emancipate a minor who thinks she can simply go up there to Canada without even loosely discussing the immigration requirements.

Ain't happening, kiddo.

And if the boyfriend is actually supportive of your intentions, he has absolutely no genuine love for you. If he did, he'd be saying "It's okay honey - just hang in there until you come of age and we'll see if we still want to go ahead".

One more thing.

If your boyfriend is 16 or 17, he wouldn't be able to support you regardless of the immigration issue.

If he's an adult, he can start looking at the Mann Act and being extradited from Canada in order to spend lots of years in a room with small bars across the windows.

Your in Kansas and he's in Canada? Have you two even ever been together? How old is he? Have you had any sexual contact even if not physical like nude pics, emails, chat, calls etc? Honey I know you believe your in love and very well could be but this is not a good idea for many reasons. As stated above there is no legal door you can open to make this happen. Anyone who told you there was does not know anything about the law

Im wanting to know if a 16 year old can get her legal right to move out of her parents house and live with her boyfriend without parents permission.

Short answer - no. (reasons in posts above)

How did you meet this person who lives in Canada & how old is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back