Taxing Only the American Workers..... Versus Non-Taxed Immigrants.

WeightedDips

Jurisdiction
Texas
Would a company taxing the American workers, and deducting income taxes for illegal immigrant workers be considered Discrimination.

Yes or No?

I know they are obviously violating tax codes.

However, it almost feels like discrimination against the American workers, that taxes are deducted or with-held from our paycheck and not deducted from the illegal immigrants.

Opinions?

Also, working one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

It's became blunt that my company doesn't care about the laws, tax laws, nor labor laws.

The company also deducts from employers paycheck whom accidentally break something such as a chainsaw, in the line of work. All without the consent of the worker, written or verbal.

Doesn't this violate Texas labor laws?

Before going into the other issues, how do you KNOW that the workers in question are illegal and not here legally? Do you have access to their personnel files? Yes or no.

You make no sense. If they are deducting taxes (and presumably remitting it to the government), the workers are likely paying taxes without benefits.

Federal law determines how non-US citizens are taxed (or not taxed). It's not discrimination to follow the law.

Before going into the other issues, how do you KNOW that the workers in question are illegal and not here legally? Do you have access to their personnel files? Yes or no.

I work with a group of 4 daily. I have (2) Honduran Climbers and (2) Guatemalan Ground guys. I'm very close with these guys. I know their families. I barbecue with them. Drink with them. I hand them their paychecks. I'm just curious, because my paycheck shows tax deductions. Theirs has no tax deductions listed.

That didn't answer my question. Why are you assuming that they are in the country illegally?

Because they don't have any paper-work and they've told me the stories of how they came across by paying smugglers. Two of them paid $5,000. to smugglers and two paid over $8.000 to smugglers. Need more details?

We had to call the police to a dispute with a neighbor due to the noise of our chipper on on instance. In which they told me they couldn't be there if the police got called because they don't have papers.

I've been here (5) years. I've known these guys the entire time, and have heard all the stories. Every last one of them crossed the border illegally.

What's so confusing about it?

I hand them their paychecks. I'm just curious, because my paycheck shows tax deductions. Theirs has no tax deductions listed.

MYTH: Refugees Do Not Pay Taxes.

FACT: Refugees are subject to the same employment, property, sales, and other taxes as any U.S. citizen. Refugees are not allowed to vote.

MYTH: Refugees Receive Special Money From The U.S. Government To Purchase Homes, Cars, And Other Items.

FACT: The U.S. Government does not provide refugees with money when they arrive in the U.S., however, there are minimal benefits available for emergency situations and the medically needy. The refugee must apply for these benefits and meet income and resource standards to qualify for any assistance.

MYTH: Refugees Come To The U.S. for Economic Reasons.

FACT: Refugees are individuals or families who have come to the U.S. because they were forced to flee their homeland, many times with little or no belongings, leaving family and friends behind and are unable to return. Most refugees would rather live and work in their native country.

MYTH: The United States Is The Only Country To Accept Refugees.

FACT: There are 24 countries worldwide involved in refugee resettlement. The major resettlement countries include: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, United Kingdom, and United States.

Refugee Myths | Refugee Program | Office of Health Equity | New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services

Because they don't have any paper-work and they've told me the stories of how they came across by paying smugglers. Two of them paid $5,000. to smugglers and two paid over $8.000 to smugglers. Need more details?

We had to call the police to a dispute with a neighbor due to the noise of our chipper on on instance. In which they told me they couldn't be there if the police got called because they don't have papers.

I've been here (5) years. I've known these guys the entire time, and have heard all the stories. Every last one of them crossed the border illegally.

What's so confusing about it?

There is NOTHING that a privately run internet discussion site can do about enforcing laws, reporting crimes, etc...

You have the ability to report lawbreakers (including your employer who has allegedly HIRED these people without the proper work permits) to the proper law enforcement agencies (state and federal), your elected federal and state officials, etc...

There are some countries that have tax treaties with the US. Employees who are nationals of these countries pay taxes in their home countries and not in the US.

If you don't like that practice report your employer to the IRS and Immigration.

If you don't want to do that, then mind your own business.

If a lot of guys wouldn't be out a job, than I would have done reported them. However, I love my climbers and my crew, along with all my buddies from work. However, I worry about them losing their job because they have families to feed.

As of today, myself and my entire crew is suspended for a week. Because I took up for my workers whom didn't want to work after hours for free / no pay on a Saturday afternoon. We're paid until 5 o'clock, we finished our work earlier and the company wanted to send us to do another crews job at 5 o clock and my entire group decided to lay it down and refuse to work for free off the clock.

Again, if it wasn't for a lot of good guys losing their jobs, I would have done reported them as it is a very unethical company that doesn't follow standard business practices. But I don't want anyone else to get harmed or lose their job or income in the process so I'll just start looking for a more ethical company.

Would a company taxing the American workers, and deducting income taxes for illegal immigrant workers be considered Discrimination.

Yes or No?

I don't know because the question doesn't make sense. A company cannot "tax[] [a] . . . worker[]." Employers take deductions from their employees' paychecks pay that money to various taxing agencies. With that in mind, what is the difference between an employer "taxing [an] American worker" and "deducting income taxes for illegal immigrant workers"?

taxes are deducted or with-held from our paycheck and not deducted from the illegal immigrants.

Now you're saying something exactly the opposite as what you initially wrote.

At the end of the day, if you're not willing to do anything about any perceived or actual illegal conduct, then it's pointless for anyone here to spend time trying to figure out if the conduct is actually illegal.

Back