Taking Over Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

missdivine

I'm getting married at the end of this month and my fiance wants to adopt my daughter. Her biological father has never seen her and does not want to have anything to do with her. In fact I believe that he would jump at the chance to sign over his rights. Paternity has been established and there is a support order. Here is where it gets a little sticky. My fiance is in Iraq and won't be getting back until a week before the wedding. Two weeks after the wedding we are moving to another state. Is there any way to get this done before we have to move? If not will it be possible to do it through our new state of residence? And is an attorney going to be the only way to go to get this done? And I guess the only other thing about this is that my fiance is actually the biological father's brother(confused yet?). Is that going to make a difference as far as legal proceedings or will he be treated like any other step father wanting to adopt? This would be great to get some good information. Thanks in advance!!!
Current state of residence: SD
Future state of residence: TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back