Parole, Probation t

T

Travis

Jurisdiction
Georgia
my fiancé was sentenced to 15 years probation for writing a phony prescription. when we got together she said her probation was suppose to be moved to Florida, where we both live. the probation office said she wasn't officially transferred a couple days before she moved out of her moms. then a couple days after she moves, an officer comes by and tells her mom she's gonna call Georgia and report that she had absconded. and that Georgia would be who she needed to contact. I found out and started making her call every day, a couple months later. NO ANSWER, ANY time of day, for weeks now. how can this be legal? they had not given her an officer to inform of moving, and how can a probation office not have someone to take calls and still violate for not checking in? AND what kinda sentencing guideline do they use anyway? 15 years when restitution is less than 2000.00? 22 year old girl and not a criminal. just let ex talk her into stupidity. what can be done?

my fiancé was sentenced to 15 years probation for writing a phony prescription. when we got together she said her probation was suppose to be moved to Florida, where we both live. the probation office said she wasn't officially transferred a couple days before she moved out of her moms. then a couple days after she moves, an officer comes by and tells her mom she's gonna call Georgia and report that she had absconded. and that Georgia would be who she needed to contact. I found out and started making her call every day, a couple months later. NO ANSWER, ANY time of day, for weeks now. how can this be legal? they had not given her an officer to inform of moving, and how can a probation office not have someone to take calls and still violate for not checking in? AND what kinda sentencing guideline do they use anyway? 15 years when restitution is less than 2000.00? 22 year old girl and not a criminal. just let ex talk her into stupidity. what can be done?

Try calling these numbers:

404-656-4661

This is their website: State Board of Pardons and Paroles

That may not be her probation office, but you can receive specifics from that number.

Georgia has community probations, and state probations.
That means private company probation agents, and state parole and probation agents.

The story she told you is fraught with lies.
You've been deceived, bamboozled, and hoodwinked.

You're dealing with a drug abuser, an addict. They are extremely prolific liars and deceivers.

Be careful. You could get in trouble for harboring an absconded felon.

Call the number between 0900 and 1600 hours, Monday through Friday.

Back