syrian custody any advice welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUNTYMABEL

hi i am wanting any information that can be given to me in order to help my friend, i am new to the site and not sure what to expect.
this is the situation, my friend lives in uk she is originally from syria she has indeffinate leave to remain in the uk. she came here approx 7 yrs ago with her syrian husband who has dual nationality syrian/british.
they have 1 daughter who is aged 4 she was born in the uk and has a british passport. the parents seperated and the wife returned to syria with her daughter to get a divorce, when she tried to leave syria she was stopped by customs in syria and told the child could not leave as they had papers to say that the husband that was still living in the uk had written and asked for the daughter to live in syria and not to return to the uk. the mother was free to leave if she wished but not the daughter.
the mother then went to the british embassy to enquire and was told the only way to get the daughter out would be for the husband to write and give permission. the woman/mother in question has divorce papers and custody of the child from syria but doesnt want to live there as she had made a life in the uk, she has a home in uk which she rents for herself. the woman is also in a new relationship and has another child to her partner whom are to be married within the next 3 months. the partner is romanian and has a legal right to live in the uk. she is desperate for her daughter to be returned back to uk where she was born. the child in question is now living with her mothers father, the childs grandfather.. anyone that can help resolve this please please let us know.. thanks in anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back