Suspended pending termination

Turkeyhunter74

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I was yelled at at my factory for running bad parts even tho I had it documented every time my machine went down and the tech told me to run anyway. The picker has to document this. When I was pulled into the office, tho, I was accused of being drunk tgat morning. It was only 9 am, we'd only been working since 7am. I was given a breath alcohol, blew 0.000, and suspended pending termination anyway. Can I fight this? I think the parts thing was a way to get me into the office for the test.

You are free to fight it through any union (if applicable) means that may exist, or any internal procedures. If you are asking whether any laws or protected rights were violated for which you have legal recourse, the answer is no, not based on what you've posted.

I was yelled at at my factory for running bad parts even tho I had it documented every time my machine went down and the tech told me to run anyway. The picker has to document this. When I was pulled into the office, tho, I was accused of being drunk tgat morning. It was only 9 am, we'd only been working since 7am. I was given a breath alcohol, blew 0.000, and suspended pending termination anyway. Can I fight this? I think the parts thing was a way to get me into the office for the test.
So why were you suspended? For running bad parts or because your employer thought you were drunk? If for running bad parts, then what happened when you told your employer your 'tech' told you to run them anyway? Did you receive any paper work documenting your suspension? Please give us more specifics in which to provide you a quality answer.

Based JUST on what you posted, I don't see anything actually illegal done by your employer. As noted; if you are in a union, you might talk to your union rep. re any recourse you might have.

Back