Survey Says, Texas DPS State Trooper Uniform Voted 'Sexiest' in the U.S.A.

army judge

Super Moderator
Sigh, being a Texan one never tires of winning!

TEXAS, USA — Wealth of Geeks polled 3,000 Americans to figure out which state police had the "sexiest" uniforms and Texas DPS state troopers were ranked No. 1.
According to the website, the "Texas Tan" shirts that are worn by state troopers command authority and represent a banner of pride and tradition.
The one factor that seems to separate Texas state troopers from the others are their Cowboy hats. Wealth of Geeks says that these hats are "worn with the swagger of a rodeo champion and the solemn duty of a ranger."

Behind Texas, the survey ranked New Hampshire State Police in the No. 2 spot and Missouri State Highway Patrol in the No. 3 spot.
You can view the entire list of all 50 states rankings here.

sargeDPS.jpgDPS+Officers+CR+TT-3316070125.jpgnew_troopers-468123157.jpg

It would have to be the hats that make the biggest difference. Apart from that, IMO their uniforms are not all that different from what I see many sheriffs' deputies wear. I suspect that may have been intended, to leverage off the image and reputation of Texas sheriffs.

The Colorado State Patrol (CSP) is set up like the highway patrol agencies in some other states, its jurisdiction is generally limited to enforcing the laws on the highways, airports and other points of entry, and providing security for the Governor and other state officials. As a result of that limited jurisdiction, it's not a very big agency. I wouldn't rate their uniforms at the top of the list, but their uniforms don't look bad either. They have hats much like the Canadian mounties wear. That seems to be popular with state police units. PA state troopers functioned much like the CSP and had similar uniforms, including the mountie hat.

It would have to be the hats that make the biggest difference. Apart from that, IMO their uniforms are not all that different from what I see many sheriffs' deputies wear.
Trying to be unbiased, because I love all things Texan, I don't think our DPS Trooper unis deserve the numero uno ranking. In fact, as you noted, aside from their Stetsons, the unis aren't that unique. Besides, police and military apparel should be adaptable and functional, in order for our service members and law enforcement officers to do their jobs, accomplish their missions. Looks don't really matter to me, accomplishing the mission was far more important.

44 years in TX...it's the stetsons and possibly the way they carry their authority.... (third pic as example)....

my son got pulled over last week in middle of nowhere TX by a state trooper and they were very cordial to him...helped he was driving a mini van with national park stickers all over it (headed to Big Bend NP).... and that he taught to be a polite young man.

as you noted, aside from their Stetsons,
It is the Stetsons that are responsible for the love affair with the uniform and the tough Cowboy type (fair, polite, and capable) of officer. And it was made popular by TV shows like Walker, Texas Ranger back in 1993 and others of the same time period.

Definitely Texas and American.

Back