Surely I have a case against Ebay this time!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkie

Hi all,

I'm a long time seller on Ebay and over the years have put up treatment which would not be allowed in any other company that I know of. However, this really is the last straw!!!

I recently had problems with a German seller. He had auctions ended for breach of my copyright. I have details of the breach on my auction page (though I do not mention the offender). This has never been a problem and Ebay are aware of the notice. I then received an email from the German seller warning that if I did not take down this notice, he would have all of my auctions ended. I did not think anymore of this and carried on as normal. On Friday, my account was suspended. I received an email from Ebay.de, in German, informing me that my account was suspended and all auctions ended for non payment of fees.
I was currently owing around 40% of my last invoice and the payment was due on the 31st of May. There were NO overdue fees. My account is now reinstated but I am extremely angry. I lost around £300-400 in bids which were on auctions due to end. I have been charged fees for the items which they ended. Finally, they have sent their standard email to bidders on the ended auctions stating that I was suspended and that they should not proceed with the transaction. Surely this is defamation of character????
I have emailed Ebay but as yet I have not had a reply.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

silkie said:
Hi all,

I'm a long time seller on Ebay and over the years have put up treatment which would not be allowed in any other company that I know of. However, this really is the last straw!!!

I recently had problems with a German seller. He had auctions ended for breach of my copyright. I have details of the breach on my auction page (though I do not mention the offender). This has never been a problem and Ebay are aware of the notice. I then received an email from the German seller warning that if I did not take down this notice, he would have all of my auctions ended. I did not think anymore of this and carried on as normal. On Friday, my account was suspended. I received an email from Ebay.de, in German, informing me that my account was suspended and all auctions ended for non payment of fees.
I was currently owing around 40% of my last invoice and the payment was due on the 31st of May. There were NO overdue fees. My account is now reinstated but I am extremely angry. I lost around £300-400 in bids which were on auctions due to end. I have been charged fees for the items which they ended. Finally, they have sent their standard email to bidders on the ended auctions stating that I was suspended and that they should not proceed with the transaction. Surely this is defamation of character????
I have emailed Ebay but as yet I have not had a reply.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
What ended up happening? Defamation is a difficult cause of action to prove and it's costly. In most instances the company would like to settle somewhat to make the matter go away with minimal problem. I wouldn't expect a windfall or even ebay to pay you but perhaps they'll give you some discount or freebies for a period of time if they wrongfully suspended your auctions. Do be aware of their terms of service which may contain rights they have that you didn't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back