support question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaulat

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 4 years. We have a 2 year old daughter together. He will not get married. After I had our daughter he made me sign an agreement for visitation and support in Missouri as if we were breaking up but we are still together. He accepted a job in New York and we moved with him accross the country. My other children had to change schools and I had issues finding a job. My children and I also changed our last names to his so that he didn't have to tell his new co workers we were not married. He makes a very very good income and pays almost all of the bills. I have noticed lately that he is texting other women and getting random texts from ex girlfriends that is very strange. In the state of New york does the arrangemnts in Missouri still hold (which he totally lied about his income on) and what is considered common law in New York? WOuld he have to pay maintance and also child support on the children that have changed their last names to his and call him dad? Am i entitled to any of the property or vehicles? He would not let me add my name to any of the homes or cars.

He is not responsible for the children you have with someone else. He IS responsible on the child you have together.

He will not be expected to pay spousal support/maintenance. Also, NY does not allow common-law marriages, though it will recognize common-law marriages created in other states.

How long have you been in NY? Are there any orders relating to your other children? Where is their father?

We have been in new York for three months there is no other orders for the other children as they don't see their father and he doesn't pay any child support. The Missouri order states 2000 on support and 800 for child support I have decorated the home but again it's not in my name would living in Missouri count as common law?

We have been in NY for 4 months. there are no other orders relating to my other children as they do not see their father and he does not pay child support. So he is not obligated to pay spousal support because we are not married?? I carry him and his oldest daugher under my insurance under "domestic partner" but agian he would not let us title things together...just in his name. Is there anything else I can do to help me myself in this matter. I have moved cross counrty for him and taken a lesser paying job because of our living situation. He also tells everyone we are married because he is wants to seem like the perfect family. Does having the same last name matter at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back