Summary administration - classification of property

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgold

I filed for Summary Administration with the Fl courts. When filing the petition I did not list the nature of the assets. The form provided by the law library has a section to list the assets and state if they are homestead or exempt. I left the classification of the assets blank. A checklist was issued asking to clarify the nature of the assets. I put them all as exempt. The judge then asked for a petition to declare the assets exempt. Neither the petition nor the order for exempt property was signed by the judge. I called the clerk and found out that the listing stocks as exempt caused this problem.
I have noticed on the internet other forms for SA that have two separate parts. One for assets, in which the classification is not indicated, and then another part for homestead and exempt assets.
My basic question comes down to: how do I classify the assets? Can I put them down as non-exempt? The estate has not debts and the statute of limitations for creditors' claims is up on Aug. 26.
If I do classified them as non-exempt on a new petition for SA will this being accepted the judge and the petition for declaration of exempt property will simply be disregarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back