suing ex fiancee advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

led65

I'm trying to decide if I can sue my ex fiancee or not for money she owes me. We seperated 14 months ago but prior to that on two occassions she aksed for money from me on the promise that she would pay me back. She was here on political asylum and I paid for her residency and just before we broke up she asekd me to buy her an apple laptop. In total its $2,000 that she promised to repay me. Since then we have not been on speaking terms but she would tell me repeatedly that she was still going to repay me. The last 6 months she has ignored me when I've asked about it. She made one payment of $50 approximately last August and thats all I have received.

Sure, you can due anyone. All you need is another $100, maybe $200 for filing fees and service.

Without proof that it was a loan, you won't win. And, even if you do win, you'll have to collect on the judgment yourself. Or, pay someone 20-30% of your judgment to collect it for you.

Still wanna sue? The lesson here is, don't loan anyone money. People rarely pay you back. Give them money, if you wanna help them. That way there are no hard feelings. Usually when you give them money, they pay you back out of gratitude. Banks are established to loan money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back