Suing an insurance company

C

Chasel

Jurisdiction
Texas
my mom was looking to get a quote for her insurance and instead of quoting her they added me to the policy. Can they be held liable

my mom was looking to get a quote for her insurance and instead of quoting her they added me to the policy. Can they be held liable

An insured can't sue its insurer.
The insured must take the matter to mediation or arbitration.
Okay, that's out of the way, your mother might want to discuss this small kerfuffle with her insurance agent or her insurer's customer service help line.

I'm guessing that you reside with your mother and are a young driver who has not previously been on your mother's policy.

When your mother revealed you to her insurance company, the insurance company added you to the policy, as it has an absolute right to do.

The insurance company is not liable for anything.

Insurance companies get sued by policy holders all the time and in a variety of circumstances.

In Chasel's case there just isn't any grounds for one.

Only if the policy says so and, even then, under some circumstances a lawsuit may be filed in civil court.

Kinda like this guy, who sued God. LOL

That looks hilarious. I'll watch it on youtube. I love insurance movies.

The trouble with that one is that it's based on the absurd premise that lightning is not covered by insurance policies.

Makes for a good plot device but isn't reality as all property insurance begins with the basic perils of Fire and Lightning and expands from there.

I won't bore anybody with a technical history of insurance. Libraries have plenty.

But I do recommend another great insurance move, maybe the all time best:

Double Indemnity - 1944 - Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwick, Edward G Robinson.

That looks hilarious. I'll watch it on youtube. I love insurance movies.

The trouble with that one is that it's based on the absurd premise that lightning is not covered by insurance policies.

Makes for a good plot device but isn't reality as all property insurance begins with the basic perils of Fire and Lightning and expands from there.

I won't bore anybody with a technical history of insurance. Libraries have plenty.

But I do recommend another great insurance move, maybe the all time best:

Double Indemnity - 1944 - Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwick, Edward G Robinson.

The "Man Who Sued God" kept me in stitches.
"Double Indemnity" was one of my mother's favorite films.
I've watched it many times with her and dad, and several times subsequent to their deaths.

Back