Suing a member on a forums? Need advice

ForumGuy

I will keep it short but I would like some advice on suing a member from a forums I am from.

To keep it short:
We ran a server together
> He went behind my back and was removed from Owner status
> Begged us to be a part of the server and I allowed him back in under a trail admin instead of owner
> He agreed to this and under 24 hours he removed everything from my server.

I am wondering how I can go around suing this person.

I am wondering how I can go around suing this person.

You can discuss all of your concerns with a CA licensed attorney near you, which I presume is somewhere near Fresno.

The person may have committed a number of crimes.

You can discuss that issue with a police detective or sheriff agency detective in your county.

Your post is completely unclear as to what happened or what basis you think you might have to sue this person.

What does "ran a server together"? Were you employees of the same employer? What do you mean that "[h]e . . . was removed from Owner status"? What difference does it make that he begged you for something? What does "allowed him back in under a trail admin" mean? When you say "he removed everything from my server," does that mean you owned the server (i.e., it was your property)? That potentially sounds like a crime. Did you report what happened to the police and/or FBI?

What does "go around suing" mean? The way to sue someone is to file a complaint with the appropriate court. You didn't identify any state in your post, but this sounds like anything but a DIY project, so you should be contacting a local attorney for advice and assistance.

Your options might be limited since you allowed this person to have access to do what was done.
Likely a civil suit at best, and you would have to somehow quantify damages.
Is there no backup? Why not?

Back