suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJames

My Son was in the U.S. Army (Helicopter Pilot). He committed suicide on 30 April 2012. His wife and he were separated. He had threatened suicide several times the week prior to his death. His wife says she didn't think he was serious. They were separated approximately 1 week. She has a history of abusive behavior toward our Son and others. After he threatened suicide she told him she was taking the children and he could see them once or twice a year (she is from New Zealand). Official Army Casualty officer advised us that the first words out of wife's mouth when being told about our Son's death was
"Is my name still on the will?" She had been leaving him at home with the children while she went out to bars in downtown Savannah. Ian's suicide not indicated "It is killing me" when referring to her going out all the time. Caroline, Ian's wife has a history of abusive behavior. My son asked me to sponsor her with the State Department when they returned from a posting to Germany, because Caroline was facing incarceration/deportation due to her physically assaulting one or more German Nationals.

Question: Do we have a case for filing a Civil Lawsuit against her based on her failure to tell anyone that Ian was threatening suicide.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back