sueing spree

Status
Not open for further replies.

greencar1234

my dad died and 1 day after his death his house was broken into. Police were called and reported, insuranse co. called as well. At that time I moved all his possessions into His storage building that he was renting. No one filed for executor of my dad's estate till 1 week later and that is supposed to be legal 30 days from time filed if no one contests. Can I be sued for doing this from the executor (my half sister) ?PS: I'm his son.

Sued by Executor

It sounds like there are other issues in play here also. By moving his possessions you have opened yourself up to claims that you removed some of the items. Of course there would have to be proof.

In hindsight you and your half-sister should have moved the items together. You can contest the naming of the executor and let the court decide between the two of you. Ideally you could be co-executors unless there are serious disagreements.

If she is named the executor your need to make a videotape of all your father's possessions with a witness and turn over to her the key to the storage building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back