Stupid Prank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocuous

Last week, I wrote my friend a letter on the company letterhead and I started it out as a letter informing her that her AOL account was used for hijacking computers, and as a good customer, they were advising her to address the issue. After four sentences, I began the actual letter to my friend with "Just kidding, its me, _______", then proceeded to write the rest of my letter to my friend.
Well, apparently, she didn't read past the first few sentences and got scared, then her husband got scared, and when they realized it was me, they were ashamed that they were taken and know he's making threats to me. His exact words are that I'll "Pay the price" and that "I've been warned". He's admitted that he's aggressive and seems to have no control over his emotions. Thankfully, they live on the east coast and I, on the west coast, so I'm not afraid of bodily harm, but he's threatened to have me fired on grounds of libel, claiming that I misrepresented msyelf.
Does he have a leg to stand on? Also, would most companies fire me? I spoke to my boss about the matter, and she promised she wouldn't do anything about it, but I'm still uncomfortable with his threats, and I know he's a little nuts.
Please tell me what I can / should do. I'm thinking of having a restraining order against him, as he is very threatening, but since he's so far away, I don't know if thats needed. Seriously, he's nuts.

He shouldn't have a case. This is mostly miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back