1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Student's Union Files Lawsuit Against University Over Building Ownership

Discussion in 'Commercial Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by cpscstudent, Mar 22, 2017.

1. cpscstudent

cpscstudent Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    Alberta
    I am a student at the university of Calgary following this lawsuit : Ownership battle for MacEwan Hall headed to court as students' union files lawsuit against U of C . Basically the SU put up 55% of the funding for a building and now 50 years later the University is claiming ownership as universities are not allowed to sell any land granted to them. Noone I have talked to has any idea how this is going to pan out, any thoughts?

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Magic 8 Ball says, "Outlook hazy".

I suppose this is a building built on campus property? That plus 50 years suggests to me this will go in favor of the university.

3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Nope. No thoughts. My mind is a blank since I can't read any of the documents that the parties claim to have.

4. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

And since the parties are in Canada.... o_O

5. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Yes, I often get thoughts of a beautiful summer's day, light breeze occasionally blowing, slightly moving blades of beautiful green, grass; while whippoorwills sing, which leads me to hear this song in my warped mind and imagine these words appearing above my constantly throbbing, empty head: