Student

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisac

My friend is divorced and his wife has full custody of their 9 year old daughter. The wife has been having some substance abuse problems and all manor of domestic difficulties (fights with boyfriend where police respond, evictions for nonpayment of rent). She refuses to give the child to her father who wants to raise her. The child wants to be with her father too. The father has not persued legal avenues to have the child's custody switched to him because even though he is a legal alien, he feels that he can't do anything. The mother recently was pregnant and rather than giving her the child support and spousal support that she was intitled to the father moved into the apartment to take care of his daughter and pay the bills. after a few months, the mother kicked my friend out so that her drug dealer boyfriend / baby's daddy could move back in. The new baby was born with some apparently drug related difficulties and CPS came to the house and removed the newborn baby and my friends child. My friend did not find out for 3 days that his child was gone. The mother is now claiming that my friend is responsible for bringing the drug people around and that he has a drug problem himself. Basically blaming him so that he doesn't get his daughter - just for spite. My friend has a court appointed attorney. He works for the City and can pass a drug test to prove that he is not on any drugs. My question is - Is a court appointed attorney going to be able to be devoted and interested enough to deal with this woman's false witness statements, public official grandfather, immigration components, and many other details in this obviously complicated case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back