Student loans debt and bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

Can I discharge my student loans in bankruptcy? I went to college for the American dream and it has turned to ashes. Now I have huge loans and no job. At least this would give me a fresh start.

Can I discharge my student loans in bankruptcy? I went to college for the American dream and it has turned to ashes. Now I have huge loans and no job. At least this would give me a fresh start.

Contact a couple local BK lawyers and discuss your concerns. You probably won't like their answers, but I'll let you decide.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Google "Brunner Test". It is actually possible to discharge student loans, but it's not easy - it's actually more difficult than having taxes discharged.

There generally has to be an undue hardship for it to be even considered.

Brunner (that some courts use) need you to meet all of the following: poverty, persistence & good faith. You can google brunner test for complete info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back